Power Meter Pairing
The console must be paired to a power meter.
The console can only pair to one power meter at a time.
Pairing allows the console to communicate with a power meter mounted to the bike via ANT+ and Bluetooth Smart wireless technology, with Bluetooth as the priority connection.
IMPORTANT: It is strongly recommended that each exercise bike in a fitness club be numbered for easy identification. To communicate properly, a paired console and power meter must be mounted to the same exercise bike. To make sure that the correct console stays with the correct power meter and exercise bike, you can assign an identification number to the console (see Bike Number).
To pair the console:
- Make sure fresh batteries are installed in the power meter and that the console is charged. To charge the console, simply pedal the bike. For power meter batteries, see Battery Replacement.
- Locate the unique ANT+ number on the power meter. The ANT+ ID number is located in three places on the power meter (below, right), and inside the battery cover as well (below, left).
- Activate the console by pressing any button, then access the Settings menu by pressing the RIDE and END buttons for 5 seconds.
- From the Settings menu, use the RIDE and END buttons to scroll, and the STAGE button to select Pairing.
- Enter ANT ID will appear on the screen. Press the STAGE button to begin entering the ANT ID.
- Use the RIDE and END buttons to move left and right and highlight the digits (0-9) in the banner. Press the STAGE button to select a number. Select the back arrow to go back to the previous digit in the ANT ID.
Red indicates highlighted/blinking digit.
- After entering the final number of the ANT ID, the screen will automatically change to the pairing screen. Press the STAGE button to begin the pairing process.
- When the number matches the ANT+ ID number on the power meter, press the STAGE button to begin the pairing process. Spin the cranks to wake the power meter.
The console will search for the power meter for 30 seconds, or until it is successfully paired.
- If pairing is successful, Paired will appear on the screen. The console will then prompt a zero reset.
If the pairing process fails, proceed to step 9.
Please note: The console will attempt to pair to any power meter that is awake and transmitting. Ensure that all other power meters within close range are not awake and transmitting. If the pairing process is successful, verify that the correct power meter is paired by riding the bike in Warm Up mode and pedaling the power meter above 20 RPM. If the power meter is paired, cadence and power should appear on the console.
- Press the STAGE button to get to the Retry screen, then press the STAGE button again to select Yes and restart the pairing process.
If the pairing process fails, follow these steps:
- Make sure that fresh batteries are installed in the power meter.
- Spin the power meter (or shake it if it is not assembled on the bike) to make sure it is awake.
- Place the console next to the power meter so that they are side by side.
- Make sure that no other ANT+ devices in the area are active. Pair only one console and one power meter at a time.
- Return to steps 3 to 6 and repeat the pairing process.