Performing a Zero Reset
Perform a zero reset any time you install or replace a power meter or pedals, or any time a bike is moved, to ensure that the power meter can give an accurate reading of the pedaling load applied by a rider.
Please note: A zero reset should only be performed on an installed power meter.
- Rotate the power meter at least one revolution to ensure that it is awake and able to communicate.
- Position the power meter vertically (6 o’clock), and ensure there is no load on the pedals and the bike is stable.
- Activate the console by pressing any button.
- Press the STAGE button to enter Warm Up mode.
- Press and hold the RIDE button for three seconds.
Note: The zero reset process will begin immediately. Ensure that steps (1) and (2) have been completed. If the power meter is moving or is not positioned vertically, the zero reset will fail
- If the zero reset is successful, “SUCCESS” will appear in the message banner along with a zero reset value. Note: The displayed value will not be zero, rather a pre-load measurement taken by the sensor. The console will then return to the Startup screen.
If the zero reset fails, proceed to step 7.
- Troubleshoot the zero reset process, if necessary. If the zero reset fails, follow these steps:
- Make sure fresh batteries are installed in the power meter.
- Make sure the console is paired to the power meter (see Power Meter Pairing).
- Make sure the power meter is in the vertical position (6 o’clock).
- Repeat the zero reset process, beginning at step 1.
- Refer to the Power Meter User Guide or contact customer support.