The console also contains a Bluetooth module that may require periodic firmware updates. Unlike the console’s firmware, these updates are performed wirelessly using a compatible mobile device, such as a smart phone or tablet.
Some consoles may predate the Bluetooth feature. If you are unsure, check the back of your console to view the part number. Consoles with part number 971-0200 do not require Bluetooth updates.
Note: Before performing a Bluetooth firmware update, please ensure you have a compatible mobile device with the StagesPower mobile app installed and have a data connection.
1. Activate the console by pressing any button.
2. Pedal the bike until the power meter is connected to the console and registering watts.
3. Open up the StagesPower app on your mobile device.
4. Make sure your mobile device has a data connection or is connected to a wireless network.
5. From the DISCOVERABLE DEVICES page, select Stages IC Console. If multiple consoles appear, use the green bars to determine which console is in closest proximity to your device.
Note: Non Bluetooth-enabled consoles will not show up on the app.
6. Once connected, select Update Firmware and follow on screen prompts following the completion of the firmware update. Upon completion, follow the on screen prompts to disconnect from the console.