Important Safety Information
WARNING: To reduce the risk of serious injury, read all important precautions and instructions in this manual and all warnings on your indoor cycling bike before using your indoor cycling bike. Stages Cycling assumes no responsibility for personal injury or property damage sustained by or through the use of this product.
- Before beginning any exercise program, consult your physician. This is especially important for persons over age 35 or persons with pre-existing health problems.
- Use the indoor cycling bike only as described in this manual.
- It is the responsibility of the owner to ensure that all users of the indoor cycling bike are adequately informed of all precautions.
- WARNING: The indoor cycling bike is intended for use in a supervised environment only.
- WARNING: Heart rate monitoring systems may be inaccurate. Over exercising may result in serious injury or death. If you feel faint, stop exercising immediately.
- Keep the indoor cycling bike indoors, away from moisture and dust. Do not put the indoor cycling bike in a garage or covered patio, or near water.
- Place the indoor cycling bike on a level surface, with a mat beneath it to protect the floor or carpet. Make sure that there is at least 2 ft. (0.6 m) of clearance around the indoor cycling bike (see Safety Footprint).
- Inspect and properly tighten all parts regularly. Replace any worn parts immediately.
- Keep children under age 12 and pets away from the indoor cycling bike at all times.
- Wear appropriate clothes while exercising; do not wear loose clothes that could become caught on the indoor cycling bike. Always wear athletic shoes for foot protection.
- The indoor cycling bike should not be used by persons weighing more than 350 lbs. (159 kg).
- Always keep your back straight while using the indoor cycling bike; do not arch your back.
- The indoor cycling bike does not have a freewheel; the pedals will continue to move until the flywheel stops. Reduce your pedaling speed in a controlled way.
- To stop the flywheel quickly, press the resistance knob downward.
- When the indoor cycling bike is not in use, tighten the resistance knob completely to prevent the flywheel from moving.