Inspect for and replace any worn parts immediately using only manufacturer-approved parts, or remove equipment from use until repaired. The safety level of equipment is only maintained when equipment is examined regularly for damage and wear.
IMPORTANT: To avoid damage to the indoor cycling bike and prevent injury to the user, use only manufacturer-supplied pedals when the bike is used in a commercial setting. Other pedals may not be designed for use in fitness clubs or indoor cycling studios and may be dangerous.
- Wipe down the bike using mild soap and water or a mild cleaner—do not use products with ammonium chloride to clean the bike.
- Lubricate sliding tubes (handlebar and seat stems, fore/aft sliders) using silicone lubricant.
- Inspect pedals for fraying straps, broken bindings, and tightness.
- Visually inspect all hardware components.
- Check for unusual noises while riding.
- Inspect and adjust FitLocs for proper tension.
- Check crank bolt tension (torque to 52-57 N⋅m or 38-42 ft⋅lb).
- Replace pedals for maximum performance and safety.